Benefits for the environment
- The best alternative - Biodiesel is the only alternative fuel that runs in any conventional, unmodified diesel engine.
- Non flamable - Biodiesel has a very high flash point (300°F) making it one of the safest alternative fuels available.
- Non sulphur emmissions - Biofuel is naturally almost free of Sulphur and therefore Sulphur Oxides are not formed during combustion. This reduces the introduction of the harmful gasses into the atmosphere and also reduces production of soot.
- Environment friendly - Biofuel is biodegradable and non-toxic. Biofuel breaks down 5 times faster than normal diesel and therefore, the impact on the environment in terms of its entire life cycle is minimal.
- Carbon neutral - The 100% biofuel brings down the Carbon Dioxide emissions by 78% and Carbon Monoxide emissions are reduced to zero. The presence of extra oxygen atoms in the chemical structure of biofuel ensures that combustion is more complete and hence no carbon monoxide is emitted.
Since biofuel is produced from plant oil, the plantations themselves also reduce Carbon Dioxide. Biofuel is Carbon Neutral across its entire life cycle.